Why this Course on Statistical Process Control
If you are a Manufacturing / Quality Personnel , SPC or Statistical Process Control is a tool that can’t afford not knowing !
Statistical Process Control or SPC as it is popularly called in one of the most important tool employed in the manufacturing industries and in fact, now being utilized in the service Industry as well. It helps to keep the process in control and most importantly tells you when to take action. SPC was pioneered by Walter A. Shewhart at Bell Laboratories in the early 1920s. Shewhart developed the control chart in 1924 and the concept of a state of statistical control. In 1988, the Software Engineering Institute suggested that SPC could be applied to non-manufacturing processes, such as software engineering processes, in the Capability Maturity Model (CMM). The Level 4 and Level 5 practices of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) use this concept.
The application of SPC involves three main phases of activity:
- Understanding the process and the specification limits.
- Eliminating assignable (special) sources of variation, so that the process is stable.
- Monitoring the ongoing production process, assisted by the use of control charts, to detect significant changes of mean or variation.
At the end of the MSA training, You will :
- Get to know, what is a SPC, how to plot control charts both for continuous and discrete data
- Know which type of control chart should be used in a given situation and most importantly analyse control charts.
- How to calculate control limits using control chart tables as well as utilizing Minitab.
Learn all this with the help of examples and illustrations.
Key Highlights of the course
- Self paced learning with expert support
- Easy to understand examples
- Completion Certificate at the end of the Course
Is this Course right for you?
The course will benefit Management Personnel, Quality & Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Supervisors, Executives, Maintenance Technicians, and Production Personnel who have implemented or planning to implement SPC in their organization.
- A graduate in science / Engineering with understanding of SPC (Statistical Process Control
- Experience with basic measuring concepts and an understanding of sources of variation in measurement systems
Exam & certification
There is no exam after this course , however we do issue a certificate after course completion.
- What is SPC?
- History of SPC
- How to select , what control chart to apply
- Various types of Control Charts – both for continuous & discrete data
- Data Collection Techniques
- Analysing Control Charts
How is your course Different from other providers?
We are one of the few providers that have brought course on SPC in audio-visual format. The course includes easy to understand example and we also offer expert support for any issues that you may have while implementing SPC.
What is the cost of examination?
There is no exam for this course
What kind of certification do you provide?
Certification is provided by Apprentiice Learning Solutions.
How do I enroll and pay?
What is your refund policy?
We have 7 Day – No Questions asked Policy. If you are not completely happy with the course and feel that it has added on value, write us for a refund at firstname.lastname@example.org.